The clinical discipline of managing heart rhythm disorders, cardiac electrophysiology (EP) has significantly evolved over the past couple of decades.
Altru has recently completed construction of a modern cardiac arrhythmia management laboratory within cardiology. With the development of this suite, we can serve patients with heart rhythm disorders in a state-of-the-art facility.
To make a referral appointment, please call 701.780.6236.
Our EP Team consists of a physician (Dr. Mevan Wijetunga), advanced practice providers, a dedicated care coordinator, clinical and procedural nurses, registered cardiovascular specialists and cardiac rhythm management nurses in the device clinic. As a team, we strive to provide the best possible patient care for optimal patient outcomes. Our collaborative approach extends to coordinating care with interventional and non-invasive cardiology, congestive heart failure and structural heart disease programs, cardiothoracic surgery, primary care providers, neurology, emergency medicine and other specialties.
- Inpatient and outpatient consultations
- Medical management and monitoring of patients with heart rhythm disorders
- Monitoring of patients with cardiac implantable electronic devices
- Tilt table study
- Epinephrine/Procainamide Challenge tests
- Transesophageal Echocardiography/Cardioversion
- Electrophysiology Study
- Catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias
- Implantation of cardiac monitors (loop recorders), defibrillators and pacemakers, including leadless pacemakers
- Left atrial appendage closure
Common diagnoses referred to arrhythmia service include:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial flutter
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Cardiac arrest
- Frequent premature ventricular ectopy
- Tachycardia-bradycardia syndrome
- Sinus node dysfunction
- Atrioventricular block
- Inherited arrhythmia syndromes
- Heart failure