- In an effort to protect our patients, those wishing to visit patients of Altru's NICU must obtain a daily visitor code from the parent/guardian.
- Mother and father/support person may visit their infant any time of day.
- No children under the age of 16, with the exception of healthy siblings, may be permitted in the NICU at any time.
- All visitors will be screened for flu/cold symptoms before entering and can not visit if symptoms exist.
- After hours guests will be required to show proper identification before entering any facility.
To prevent the spread of cold and flu germs to our tiniest patients, Altru Health System has put into place visitor restrictions for its neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), during high risk cold and flu season (usually between late October and early May).
Safety & Security
Altru’s NICU is a secure unit. Security considerations are discussed with parents during their stay. All visitors must pass by staff as they enter the infant-care area, allowing staff the constant ability to monitor the safety and security of infants.