The DAISY Award was established by the DAISY Foundation in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 of ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes Family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick. They created this national award to acknowledge exceptional nurses.
Want to Say Thank You to Your Nurse? Click Here to Share Your Story
DAISY Award honorees personify Altru Health System's remarkable patient experience. These nurses:
- demonstrate excellence through clinical expertise
- provide extraordinary compassionate care
- are recognized as outstanding role models
Altru Health System is proud to be a DAISY Award hospital partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special and honorable award.
Please fill out the nomination form to nominate a Nurse for the DAISY Award.
Nomination Review Criteria
- Demonstrates compassion and empathy
- Always puts the patient first
- Includes family and patient in planning care
- Skilled in assessing and teaching patient and family
- You care about me and I feel listened to.