Obstetrics & Gynecology
Altru's Obstetrics & Gynecology team supports women throughout their journey, from puberty to childbearing age to menopause and everything in between. Rest assured, with more than 10 OB/GYN providers offering comprehensive women's healthcare, you know your health is always in good hands. We are honored to be a part of your story.
Keeping care close to home. Altru's Obstetrics and Gynecology providers offer care throughout the region through telemedicine and outreach to regional Altru Clinics, such as Cavalier, Crookston, Devils Lake, Grafton, Roseau and Thief River Falls.
Pregnancy and Childbirth Services
Altru's OB/GYN physicians focus on helping each woman achieve her best health and facilitate her pregnancy, birth and family planning experience. Regular prenatal care is an important part of every pregnancy. That's why our expert team is here for you every step of the way. We offer prenatal appointments starting as early as eight weeks gestation all the way through your delivery and postpartum care. Our skilled team of physicians offer both low-risk and high-risk pregnancy care, and have expertise in managing routine, uncomplicated births, inductions, cesarean deliveries and vaginal births after cesarean (VBAC).
Altru is here for you during your postpartum journey, with early screening for postpartum depression and anxiety and support for breastfeeding mothers and babies.
Give us a call at 701.780.6900 to learn more about Altru's Pregnancy and Childbirth Services.
The care women need changes with various stages of life. Altru's experienced team of OB/GYN providers tailor care to meet your needs and provide support, advice and treatment to help you live a healthy life. Our skilled team of providers offer care covering routine, preventative screenings to gynecologic problems and surgeries.
Women's Health Services
- Infertility evaluation and treatment
- Menopause and hormone therapy
- Heavy, painful and/or irregular menstrual cycles
- Uterine fibroids
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Endometriosis and adenomyosis
- Sexual health, including painful sex and decreased libido
- Birth control counseling and prescription
- Precancerous conditions of cervix, uterus and vagina
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal and vulvar pain, itching and dryness
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Pelvic infections
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder
Preventative Care and Screenings
Preventative care can help you stay healthier throughout your life. Making healthy lifestyle choices combined with preventative care are key steps to good health and well-being. Receiving regular preventative care and screenings are highly encouraged. These include:
- Annual well-woman exams and physicals
- Pap smear and HPV testing
- Breast cancer screening
- Bone density testing
- Discussions about colon cancer screening
- Age-appropriate immunizations
- Healthy lifestyle risk assessment
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy - vaginal, laparoscopic and robotic approaches
- Removal of ovaries and cysts
- Endometrial ablation
- Tubal sterilization
- Vaginal and vulvar surgery
- Cervical LEEP and conization
- Pelvic prolapse surgery
- Dilation and curettage
To schedule an appointment with one of our OB/GYN providers, please call 701.780.6900 or use MyChart.